Your First Visit
At your first visit to Hawks Prairie Orthodontics, you will meet Dr. Ehrmantrout and our friendly team of staff members. During this visit, diagnostic records are made to determine the best course of treatment. Complete diagnostic records typically include a medical/dental history, clinical examination, study models of the teeth, photos of your face and teeth, and X-rays. This information is used to develop a custom treatment plan for each patient. These records are also helpful in tracking the progress of treatment as the teeth move under orthodontic care.
Based on these records, Dr. Ehrmantrout will discuss his findings and treatment options with you in detail. Our Treatment Coordinator will then discuss with you the cost and payment options for your particular case.
The appointment when you get your appliances (braces, expanders, etc.) will be your longest appointment. This appointment usually takes between one and two hours. You'll then see us at regular intervals for adjustments, 4-12 weeks apart, depending on what stage of treatment you are in. These adjustments usually take 15 to 30 minutes. Patients are seen by appointment only. We make every effort to be on time for our patients, and ask that you extend the same courtesy to us. If you cannot keep an appointment, pleas notify us immediately. Cancel only if it is an emergency. It is difficult to reschedule you since most appointments are made 4-12 weeks in advance.
Payment & Office Policies
The cost of treatment depends on the severity of the patient's problem. You will be able to discuss fees and payment options before treatment begins. We have payment plans to suit different budgets, including a no-down-payment option. We accept assignment from most insurance plans, and file the necessary papers to the insurance company. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable for everyone.
In an effort to keep orthodontic fees down while maintaining the highest level of professional care, we have established this financial policy:
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a fee discount. (If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.)
- To fit your individual needs, financial arrangements can be made to extend your payments over the course of treatment with in-house financing and no interest charge.
- We offer extended payments plans (longer than the course of treatment) through Capital One.
- For your convenience, we accept payments by VISA and MASTERCARD.
- In cases of serious delinquency, treatment will be discontinued, although we will make every effort to accommodate patients with temporary difficulties.
If you have insurance, we will help you to determine the coverage you have available. We ask that you assign your insurance benefit to us. The balance will be arranged for you to pay (see above). Professional care is provided to you, our patients, and not to an insurance company. Thus, the insurance company is responsible to the patient and the patient is responsible to the doctor. We will help in every way we can in filing your claim and handling insurance questions from our office on your behalf.